Associate Chaplain Awarded Vermont Women in Higher Education Scholarship

On Dec. 21, 2015, Associate Chaplain Naila Blaloch at the College’s Scott Center for Spiritual and Religious Life was awarded the Vermont Women in Higher Education Carol A. Moore Scholarship. The scholarship celebrates women who are working in higher education, show dedication to women’s leadership and intend to pursue further degrees. The scholarship consists of $1,000 towards furthering the recipient’s career.

“We want our students to thrive and grow, and Naila helps us create the kind of community where that can happen. She keeps up with world affairs so that she can relate to the concerns that students experience while they are studying, sometimes far from home,” said Chaplain of the College Laurel Jordan in support of Blaloch’s application for the scholarship.

Baloch plans to apply her scholarship towards her education in Mental Health Counseling through an M.S. degree from the University of Massachusetts in Boston. She already holds a B.A. in Astrophysics and Comparative Religion from Williams College and a Masters in Theological Studies specialising in Islamic Ministry from Harvard University.

“I am honored and delighted to be offered the Carol A. Moore scholarship, and through it to be connected to a community of Vermont women who come together to support each other and dream up possibilities for a brighter, more beautiful world, where each of us has an opportunity to be our best self and offer our gifts in service to others,” Blaloch said.