The Student News Site of Middlebury College

Middlebury Campus

Men's Hockey

Middlebury Campus

Author: [no author name found]

Record Last Season: 22-5-2

Coach: Bill Beaney

Players to watch: Kevin Cooper ’04, Tim Schneider ’06, Adam Foote ’04, John Dawson ’04, Patrick Nugent ’05

Dates for the Calendar: Dec. 5 vs. Salem State, Jan. 2 vs. Trinity, Feb. 6 vs. Amherst

What can we expect? Of all the sports in which Middlebury partcipates, men’s hockey may be the one that gets the most publicity. It draws members of the college community and from the town of Middlebury together under the roof of Kenyon Arena in the dead of winter and gives them something to get excited about. Last season ended bitterly as the Middlebury men’s hockey team lost the NESCAC Championship for the first time, falling to Trinity in the final 4-2. The season came to an end at the hands of Oswego in the Final Four of the NCAA tournament. This year, the team is back to reclaim the NESCAC Crown and launch another bid at national glory. The season begins for the Panthers on Nov. 22 when Middlebury heads to Skidmore. The men will then take part in the Holiday Classic tournament here in Middlebury over Thanksgiving against Potsdam, Plattsburgh and Norwich. Buoyed by the offense provided by Kevin Cooper ’04 and Tim Schneider ’06 and supplemented by the goaltending of Yen-Yi Chen ’06, the Panthers are hopeful for another successful season on the ice.