While You Were Gone Sport Shorts from a Panther Summer

Author: Nick Ferrer

Midd Laxers Celebrate National Titles, Rake Up Awards

On May 19, the women's lacrosse team captured their second consecutive Division III national title by defeating the College of New Jersey 12-6. It was the team's fourth national championship overall. Seven days later, on May 26, the men's lacrosse team beat Gettysburg College 14-9 to win their third consecutive Division III national title.
Julia Bergofsky and Matt Dunn were each named National Midfielder of the Year. Dunn also received National Player of the Year honors while Bergofsky was awarded the National Honda Award — given to the Division III Female Athlete of the year.
After leading the women's team to a perfect 18-0 season, Missy Foote was named Division III women's lacrosse National Coach of the Year for the fourth time.

Beaney To Take a Break from Hockey

After 16 years as the head coach of the men's ice hockey team, Bill Beaney will take a five- month hiatus from the rink. In the meantime, Beaney will be working for the College as part of its fundraising team. Assistant coach Neil Sinclair has assumed head coaching responsibilities for the season.

Sister Log Rollers Excell at Great Outdoor Games

Lizzy Hoeschler '05 won a bronze medal in the women's log rolling competition at the ESPN Great Outdoor Games, held this past July in Lake Placid, N.Y. Older sister Katie Hoeschler '03 also made a strong showing in the games as she tied for fifth place in the same event.

Fletcher Gets a Facelift, New Squash Courts

After being marred by leaks and other structural problems over the past few seasons, Fletcher Field House received a much-needed and long-anticipated roof change. In its place is "The Bubble," a state-of-the-art cover that should keep the field house well insulated and protected from even the most extreme Vermont winter weather. Also new to the field house are five international squash courts.