Nia Robinson Elected SGA President

By WILL DIGRAVIO

Nia Robinson ’19 was elected president of the Student Government Association for the 2018–19 academic year on Friday, April 20.

Robinson received 66 percent of the vote (1,122 votes), more than the total number of students who voted in last year’s SGA election.

“I want to thank everyone who supported me and thank the other candidates who participated in a great race,” Robinson told The Campus. “I am excited to get to work.”

Rae Aaron ‘19.5, the current speaker of the SGA, came in second place, with 26% of the vote (435). Charles Rainey ’19, a former first year senator and community council member, came in third (129).

Lynn Travnikova ’20 was elected the co-chair of Community Council for the fall semester and John Gosselin ’20 was elected co-chair for the spring semester. Gosselin currently serves as the senator for Atwater Commons.

A referendum to support a complete divestment from fossil fuels by the college passed with 80 percent of the vote (1,325 to 340).

The Campus will publish a more detailed report in the April 26 issue of the paper.

About the Writer
WILL DIGRAVIO, Editor in Chief
Will DiGravio ’19 is editor in chief. He previously served as managing editor, news editor, SGA correspondent, and senior news reporter. DiGravio is pursuing a degree in Film & Media Culture and has completed minors in English & American Literatures and Political Science. During the summer of 2018 he worked as a reporter covering trending...