Koby Altman ’04 Returns to Campus

By BENJY RENTON

Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman ’04 will be returning to campus this weekend as part of the Sociology and Anthropology Field Guide, sponsored by the Center for Careers and Internships (CCI). The CCI’s Field Guides bring alumni from various professional fields to discuss their post-graduation paths and how their major has contributed to their careers. A former athlete on the men’s basketball team at Middlebury, Altman was named the 11th general manager in Cleveland Cavaliers history on July 24, 2017. As GM, he manages and oversees all aspects of scouting, personnel, player acquisitions and transactions and all team operations.COURTESY OF MIDDLEBURY MAGAZINE

While at Middlebury this weekend, Altman will be interviewed on Facebook Live by James Finn ’20.5, an Opinion Editor for The Campus and forward on the men’s basketball team. Altman will also be one of five panelists at a dinner Friday night at 5:30 p.m. in Atwater Dining Hall. On Saturday morning at 8:30 in Kenyon Lounge, he will also discuss his background and career path through the NBA and what students interested in sports management careers can expect. Students interested in these events can RSVP at go/soanfieldguide.

About the Writer
BENJY RENTON, Senior Sports Editor
Benjy Renton ‘21 is a Sports Editor. He has previously served as arts and sciences editor, features editor and a staff writer. Renton’s academic interests include International and Global Studies, Chinese and Geography. During the summer of 2018 he studied at Middlebury’s new School of the Environment in China, where he focused on environmental migration...