Notes From the Desk: Please Send Us Tips

By WILL DIGRAVIO, NICK GARBER, and REBECCA WALKER

At The Campus, we’re always looking for ways to involve the broader college community more closely in our coverage. We’re excited to announce the creation of a new tipline on our website, that allows readers to anonymously suggest stories for us to look into. The tipline can be accessed at go/campustips, or by clicking the “News Tips” tab on our website, middleburycampus.com.

We recognize that our editorial board is limited in number, so we represent only a small fraction of the students, faculty, staff and town residents that make up the Middlebury community. We need your help to tell us about the issues, events and important conversations that deserve to be covered in our newspaper.

In the past, informal tips have been an essential way for us to discover important subjects that would have otherwise gone uncovered. The life and death of former college employee Suad Teocanin, which we wrote about in a feature story last month, was only brought to our attention after a Middlebury alumna emailed us over the summer and urged us to write about him. We hope that by making the tipping process more accessible, readers can alert us to more things that fall within our blind spots as student journalists. As issues like workforce planning become more prevalent, we need your help to tell this community’s stories.

At a small college like Middlebury, we recognize that it can be difficult to speak candidly about events and people to which we feel connected personally. While we encourage readers to include their contact information with tips, we also hope that the option of anonymity will relieve some of that pressure. We can’t wait to hear what you have to share.

About the Writers
WILL DIGRAVIO, Editor in Chief

Will DiGravio '19 is editor in chief.

He previously served as managing editor, news editor, SGA correspondent, and senior news reporter.

DiGravio...

NICK GARBER, Managing Editor

Nick Garber ’19 is a managing editor.
He previously served as a news editor, senior writer, and Community Council correspondent.
Nick is majoring...

REBECCA WALKER, Managing Editor

Rebecca Walker '19 is a managing editor.

She previously served as a senior editor, local editor, and local writer.

Walker is studying Comparative...