Greetings to the Board

To the Middlebury Community,

On Friday midday, we, the undersigned, will gather outside of Old Chapel to greet the Middlebury College Board of Trustees as it prepares to make decisions about Middlebury’s future. We will be holding “Student Office Hours” as members of the Divest Middlebury campaign. As a community, we have a moral obligation to continue the conversation about removing fossil fuel holdings from our endowment. Our primary goal is to address the remaining concerns of Board members and communicate to them the urgency of our cause.

As students at Middlebury College, we have a stake in the decisions the Board will make on Friday. The bottom line is that divestment discussions are about more than the $970 million of our endowment; they are about the future of life on this earth. We are not willing to sacrifice the most vulnerable populations and future generations for short-term convenience.

We would like to invite members of the Middlebury community hoping to voice concerns about any issue to join us from 11-12:30 P.M. on Friday. We look forward to engaging the Board of Trustees in meaningful conversation.

Submitted by SARA BACHMAN '13.5, JEANNIE BARTLETT '15, KYLER BLODGETT '17, MAEVE GRADY '16.5, ADRIAN LEONG '16, HANNA MAHON '13.5, GRETA NEUBAUER '14.5, ELLIE NG '14, TEDDY SMYTH '15, VIRGINIA WILTSHIRE-GORDON '16