Letter to the Editor

To the Editor:

Middlebury's very own sex columnist may be lapsing into the grasp of underground femi-nazism. In the interest of preserving sexual truths, it is every man's solemn obligation to debunk her repugnant slander of man's dearest companion, the penis, in last week's edition of The Middlebury Campus.

From high atop her pedestal of arrogant feminism, this columnist slings claim after claim of steaming abuse at the tower of manhood, nay, civilization. However, in so doing, this columnist merely inadvertently reveals her virginal ignorance regarding the nature of a man's relationship with his "yardstick of affection."

In defense of her tenuous argument that a man sees his phallus as an unwanted "roommate" of sorts, this columnist enlisted the support of a man whose skewed view of the penis clearly stemmed from his own sexual confusion and impotence. One would hardly have to undertake a modicum of journalistic investigation to come to the conclusion that the heterosexual male shares an indomitable and unsurpassed connection with his "soldier of intercourse."

Furthermore, it is almost criminal to infer that our "brother in arms" will ever let us down, unless we are intoxicated to the max. If this columnist has experienced such inopportune flaccidity, on behalf of the male community we recommend that she must select her sexual partners based on their compatibility as opposed to their degree of drunken vulnerability.

To add insult to injury, this columnist then proceeds to sully the kinship between a man and his penis with the inference that our "hungry, hungry hippo" has a mind of its own. Any woman who subscribes to this misconception has simply fallen victim to the false belief, proliferated by those perverted males seeking self-vindication, that a man cannot control his sexual whims. To blame one's sexual urges on one's penis is equivalent to blaming the pornography on one's computer on one's mouse. In actual fact, the actions of a man's penis represent his mind's most honest sexual thoughts and intentions. The mind and the penis act in concert.

Sincerely,

Alexander L. Kent '10
Larchmont, NY

Nicholas D. Alexander '10
Jakarta, Indonesia