Putting Names to Faces: Once a dairy farmer, a member of the Navy, an elementary school teacher and a policewoman. Now Public Safety officers.

For students, the image of Public Safety may be of the officer walking down a hallway on a weekend night or the Public Safety car circling campus during the day. However, an officer’s job is much more  — telecommunicators dispatching officers, security protecting the art museum, unlocking cars, managing events and solving crimes as well as taking  incapacitated students to Porter Hospital for care. Aptly dubbed “Public Safety” rather than “Campus Police” this institution of the school is represented by a staff that the student body should be proud to know.

“I feel very fortunate that I have in the Public Safety department a very diverse staff,” said Director of Public Safety Lisa Boudah. “They come from lots of different places, they have had a lot of different influences in their education, in the way they’ve become members of the workforce so there is a broad range of people here, which is great.”

“When I started there was a lot of faculty and student feedback that the community wasn’t very pleased with the relations between them and public safety and I see and hear now very positive feedback,” she said. “I feel like we’re working more together with the community.”

So, in service of the community, here are some of its members you may not be acquainted with.

Director of Public Safety Lisa Boudah, Officer Marcy, Officer Jake, Officer Mike.